Thread: Disable downloads!

i have Windows 7 Utlimate, and i have looked at the permissions under User Account Controls. but i was wondering how to disable from a user (a child) from downloading anything.. from the internet. is the a policy or control i missed? i actually would like to have the Child account only used like 3 programs and be able to use the internet but not to be able to download anything!

Re: Disable downloads!

This configuration will disable the capability (Windows Internet explorer only) to download files from the internet. Disable Targets For Downloads eliminates a common error incurred by many webmasters, which ultimately causes blank windows to be opened when you try to download a binary file. UAC is really about informing you before any “system-level” change is made to your computer, thus enabling you to be in control of your system. An “unwanted change” can be malicious, such as a virus turning off the firewall or a rootkit stealthily taking over the machine. You will need to edit the registry editor (regedit) to accomplish this. When the system detects that the user wants to perform an operation which requires administrative privileges, the display is switched to “secure desktop” mode, and the user is presented with a prompt asking for approval. The reason the display is transitioned to “secure desktop” is to avoid malicious software attacks that attempt to get you to click yes to the UAC prompt by mimicking the UAC interface (spoofing the UI.) They are not able to do this when the desktop is in its “secure” state. Protected Admin users are thus informed of any system changes, and only need to click yes to approve the action.

Re: Disable downloads!

Configure the Windows Firewall to disable FTP transfers. That is disable port 20 and port 21, this may stop the computer to download anything from the internet. I hope this helps, if any problem, do post back...