Thread: hard drive carshed..need help with outlook

hard drive carshed..need help with outlook

i have freind who's harddrive carshed and had to install a new window...before installing the new one he made teh back up of the data... the problem is with outlook that he cannot locate teh outlook files... i suppose they must be some .dbx files... the oulook folder is empty... it has only some .N**2 file...now wat should we do... from internet i read that the file wud be in localsetting/microsoft folder... we have the local setting folder coppied but what should we do next... plz help its really urgent... i havnt used outlook so dont knw anything about it but its really important
    Another issue is that if GOD forbid we would not b alble to get the files from the old data what should we do next ...the mails are on his mail server..is there anyway to import all teh old mails back to a newly installed outlook..... sorry if its a silly question but as i old u im completly ignorant about outlook and my friend realy need his mails in his inbox ..... thnx in anticipation

Re: hard drive carshed..need help with outlook

If you replaced your hard drive as an upgrade you can move the Store Directory for Outlook Express back to your slave drive and fill it up instead. Outlook Express Backup Wizard is an easy-to-use utility that allows you to backup and restore your Outlook Express data. Or you can go to Tools-->Options>Maintenance-->Store Folder, Browse to a location on your slave drive. However, if the replacement was due to bad clusters, then I would not advise that move.