Thread: Huge Prob - Windows Live Messenger

Huge Prob - Windows Live Messenger

I have tried everything and some reg repair sites are not free as I do not have alot of cash but what I am finding hard is to install windows live messenger 8.5 back onto my computer but it tells me I already got a newer version on my computer but I do not you see.. its been doing my head since yesterday morning

care for anyone to help me urgently please??

Re: Huge Prob - Windows Live Messenger

Try using ZapMessenger to remove all traces of Windows Live Messenger and then try running the installer again

ZapMessenger

A regular issue faced is the dreaded “Another version of the product is already installed”, “Your computer has a newer version of MSN Messenger than the one you are trying to install”, “Your computer has a newer version of Windows Live Messenger than the one you are trying to install”, “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable” and similar messages.

I did that 5 times yesterday did not do anything at all.. so I removed that program too -sighs- is so fed up and drained.. I need msn up and running properly and this amsn isnt exactly good thing either

If you have Windows Live 8 or newer, there is a program file called "wlarp.exe" in the "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer" folder. Double-click this file and you should be presented with a dialog asking you to choose between uninstalling the product, or repairing your installation. Or after the error you get If you select Yes, it will download the latest Windows Live Messenger 2009 and the required components and install it on your computer. But if you select No, you won’t be able to sign in.

this is just it.. I do not have anything or object on my computer regarding windows live messengers.. -sighs heavily-

question Re: Huge Prob - Windows Live Messenger

ckeck in the prgraam filess and try there.There you got the installer