Thread: Windows Media Player not playing sound

Windows Media Player not playing sound

I'm running Windows Xp as my opearting system. The problem is that whenever i play any songs in Windows Media Player, it doesn't give out any sound on my system. But when i try to play any videos in Windows Media Player, i'm able to get video. Can any body tell me that why Windows Media Player doesn't play any sound on my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution in order to get rid of the above issue.

Re: Windows Media Player not playing sound

If you able to get videos and do not get any sound then it might be some of codec issue on your system. However, in order for the movie file to be played in the media player it must also have the codec installed on it.

K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codecs are required to encode and/or decode (play) audio and video. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play 99% of all the movies that you download from the internet.

To fix the problem, try reducing the hardware-acceleration level for your audio card by doing the following:

1. In Control Panel, open Sounds and Audio Devices.

2. On the Volume tab, in the Speaker settings area, click the Advanced button.

3. In the Advanced Audio Properties dialog box, click the Performance tab, and then adjust the Hardware acceleration slider control to adjust the clock timing for your sound card.