Thread: What is unwise.exe

What is unwise.exe

i want to know what is unwise.exe file? I have this file in my computer on almost each folder in the Program file folders. Some of them are detected as virus by AVG and some are not? What is the problem? Help!

Re: What is unwise.exe

unwise.exe is a normal executable file that is installed by softwares when they are installed. This file is the uninstaller. When this file is triggered, the corresponding software's uninstall package is initialized. This is not a virus! Are you still running Windows 98?

Yeah!! I'm still running Windows 98 on my older computer, i have two computers! Well, if it is not a virus can this be a false positive? I don't think so, as it is windows 98 and is always connected to internet, are there changes of virus infection to these files?

Virus Infection can be caused to any files that exist on a computer system. Even some unknown files which windows cannot open in its existing software may be infected by virus. Unwise.exe is an executable file, so there are maximum chances for a virus to be infected in this kind of files...