Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-06-2009

Visual basic crashes when viewing form

I have a computer with Windows XP and everything was normal until yesterday. I don't know what went wrong with my computer. Everytime i open an existing form in Visual Basic, my computer will crash. Either it will show me a BSOD and reboot instantly or it will just freeze until i do a hard reboot. What may be the problem? Can anyone help with this Visual basic crashes when viewing form problem?? Thanks in advance...
Old 23-06-2009

Re: Visual basic crashes when viewing form

Was there something wrong with the computer before you started getting this weird problem? Like sudden restarting of computer or a power failure, or may be a windows error for a corrupt file? Does this happen only when viewing the VB form? or even happens when doing something else?
Old 23-06-2009

No, no other time the computer does this. But this happens only when i open an existing VB form or click on a new and open a new form. What may be the problem? Is it something related to VB or Windows? Help!
Old 23-06-2009

I guess its a problem related to VB APIs that is responsible for displaying forms correctly. I suggest you to re-install visual basic and see if that helps. I would recommend you un-install VB from same mode and then install it from normal mode...

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,