Thread: Remove hp customer participation program 8.0

Remove hp customer participation program 8.0

I recently bought the HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One Printer and i installed a program called hp customer participation program 8.0 as per given in the manual but now i want to remove that program. It takes too much space (225mb). The problem is when i try to remove it from Control panel it says "An error occurred while trying to remove hp customer participation program 8.0 Uninstallation has been canceled".

Re: Remove hp customer participation program 8.0

Use the TweakUI PowerToy to remove hp customer participation program 8.0 program from the list of installed software. To do so, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double- click TweakUI.
    • Click the Add\Remove tab, click the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
    • Click OK, and then close Control Panel.

hp customer participation program 8.0 is not part of printer driver. If you unistall the printer's driver by mistake, just go to the manufacturer of the printer(hp) and download the driver.

It is NOT a part of print driver. It provides customers an opportunity to participate in market research designed to improve HP products and experiences, and various programs with benefits such as special offers, awards and enhanced technical support. HP Customer Participation Program does make unnecessary net connections via svchost and creates hooks into update, start processes and Services.You can remove it if you think it is not necessary to you.