Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Volume goes up itself in Windows Vista

Windows Software

Old 22-06-2009

Volume goes up itself in Windows Vista

I have had my ACER laptop running Windows Vista on it. I have found that sometimes the volume automatically go up whenever i try to listen music through Winamp or try to watch films in Windows Media Player. Can any body tell me that why does my volume goes up itself in Windows Vista? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the aboev issue. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Old 23-06-2009

Re: Volume goes up itself in Windows Vista

Even i was having the same issue on my system, so i rebooted my system and had reinstall the drivers on my system. After that it resolve my problem. Hope so it may even help you to get rid of the above issue.
Old 23-06-2009

From the symptoms you're describing, it sounds like the panel button on your television (volume down) is somehow always enacted. For that you need to first run all your adware, spyware, malware software you have. Run your anti-virus software. Then do a disk defragment. Then reboot and check sound issue. If it still persists, check in device manager for any issues with sound driver. If there are any problems there it will show up as a yellow triangle or with exclamation point in it telling you there is a problem. Then update the driver in need be and reboot if it doesn't reboot itself.
Old 23-06-2009

Re-installing the device would fix any corrupted or broken files for Windows Media Player. Or you can try out the alternate way by going in to your Winodws Vista, audio can be adjusted on a per application basis. So take a look at the volume mixer by clicking the volume icon at the bottom left of your screen in the notification area (by the time) and clicking the “mixer” link. Here you should see the volume settings for running applications. Ensure the volume is set appropriately for the application.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,