Thread: Outlook Express crashes on Windows XP Pro

Outlook Express crashes on Windows XP Pro

I am running Windows XP Pro on my computer. After the last Windows Update, I start having a problem with my Outlook Express. Whenever I try downloading my emails, it crashes unexpectedly. Then I have to close it from Windows Task Manager and restart it again and this process continues. I have checked my email settings etc but that didn't worked. Why is Outlook Express crashing on Windows XP Pro computer? Is there any solution to this?

Re: Outlook Express crashes on Windows XP Pro

May be the problem of Windows Update that failed on your computer. Try doing a System Restore to a point previous to this problem. If that didn't solve then try updating the anti-virus program because that could be the virus or spyware activity which is not letting you to use Outlook Express. If none of them works then I think you need to format your computer.

Well I think your case is quiet different. Your Outlook Express crashes when you are downloading emails and not when opening it, so there shouldn't be the problem of your computer but in fact your emails. May be you are having an email which is having some kind of malware which when downloading causing you Outlook Express to crash. So, in my opinion, rather than downloading first go to the client email website and delete it from there and then try to download emails using Outlook Express. This should work.

This may also be the issue of very less space on your hard drive partition. If you are storing the emails on your "C" drive and if it is almost full then because of less space you might not be able to download more emails on your computer via Outlook Express. You can go to the Outlook Express folder and delete the "deleted items.dbx" file to release some space in order to download some more emails. This file only contains the deleted emails from your Outlook Express Inbox.