Thread: Which is the best Video player for Windows Vista

Which is the best Video player for Windows Vista

Hi,, i am using Windows Vista since 4 months. Every thing is fine with this system but i am still in search of a better Video or media player for my operating system. I din't found WMP much effective, i also tried VLC but not satisfied. According to you all guys, which will be the best video player for Vista ?

Re: Which is the best Video player for Windows Vista

Well, thats true that WMP has lack of codecs, full with DRM anti fair and slow loading time. But as per me VLc is not so bad. I use VLC on my system and it works perfect. Anyways, for your system the best player might be the GOM Player. You might have seen it with its tag line that is “Simple, Free & Light. It just plays!” That is GOM player all about. Just download and enjoy watching Video how ever you like.

What i can suggest for Vista is either GOM or MPlayer. MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems. It plays most MPEG/VOB, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO, ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, RealMedia, Matroska, NUT, NuppelVideo, FLI, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch VideoCD, SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, DivX 3/4/5, WMV and even H.264 movies. It allows the newer Nvidia video cards to decode the video without using much CPU. It is in SVN MPlayer.You can use MPlayer with the experimental multithreaded FFmpeg-mt branch, which allows you to use multiple cores/CPU.

The best Video player for Vista is non other than GOM Player.GOM Player includes many codecs (XviD, DivX, FLV1, AC3, OGG, MP4, H263 and more) so you won't need to install separate codecs for most videos. For those videos that require a separate codec, GOM Player will find one and direct you to a place where you can download an open source version of the codec. That way, you won't get stuck with unnecessary codecs on your system.