Thread: what is .IFO file and can we conveted into windows media player supported format?

what is .IFO file and can we conveted into windows media player supported format?

I have a file downloaded from the internet, actually i wanted to download the songs from the internet, even i found the song on the free download site, i downloaded it, but when i checked for the file extension it is with the .IFO format, my question is that can we convert the .IFO file in the windows media player format. please help

Re: what is .IFO file and can we conveted into windows media player supported format?

Yes, it is absolutely possible just you need to download the conversion application, i will suggest you one which will help you to convert the file, AVS Video Converter, just download and install it on your system, then Run AVS Video Converter and select your input video file and it will be an .IFO file, when your input is a DVD Disc, you will need to select the path to your source file: X:\Video_TS\Video_TS.IFO. Then you need to Set up the conversion parameters, the parameters may be AVI, DVD, MP4, MPEG, WMV and so on. There would be an browse button, Click the Browse button next to the Output File Name field and select a location on your HDD for the output video file. It will give you the Convert file at your destination.

Re: what is .IFO file and can we conveted into windows media player supported format?

IFO file is an InFOrmation file, commonly found on DVDs. Such files contain navigational information for your DVD player. It is in the core basic format file and therefore it allows to convert into any compatible mode which DVD format supports.

BUP Converter is a powerful and easy-to-use tool to convert bup files and ifo or vob with super faster speed and high quality. An IFO file is one of three types of files that are used on DVDs. It contains important navigational information, such as where a video chapter begins, and where audio and subtitle streams exist within the movie (VOB) file. IFO files are not encrypted. Other DVD files include VOB and BUP files.

Quote Originally Posted by wllwnn View Post
    Yes, it is absolutely possible just you need to download the conversion application, i will suggest you one which will help you to convert the file, AVS Video Converter, just download and install it on your system, then Run AVS Video Converter and select your input video file and it will be an .IFO file, when your input is a DVD Disc, you will need to select the path to your source file: X:\Video_TS\Video_TS.IFO. Then you need to Set up the conversion parameters, the parameters may be AVI, DVD, MP4, MPEG, WMV and so on. There would be an browse button, Click the Browse button next to the Output File Name field and select a location on your HDD for the output video file. It will give you the Convert file at your destination.
    Thank you very much!!!