Thread: What is the need of netdrive.exe

What is the need of netdrive.exe

I am wondering if netdrive.exe is a virus or not. I came across this file when I was monitoring my computer. I am using Windows Vista on my computer. What is the need of netdrive.exe and why is it present on my computer? Can I remove it from my computer or should I let it be?

Re: What is the need of netdrive.exe

The netdrive.exe is a process which belongs to the NetDrive software. The netdrive.exe file is located in "C:\Program Files" folder. You will find an icon for this process on the taskbar near the clock. Netdrive.exe does not belongs to Windows. So, you can assume that the file is not completely safe.

netdrive.exe is the main executable of NetDrive which is part of Novell NetWare Client application suite. NetDrive is a handy WebDAV client for Windows. The current NetDrive version is 4.0. NetDrive is one of the best pieces of software I've seen in a long time. WebDAV is an extension to the HTTP protocol that allows you to drag and drop files to a server

NetDrive was created by Novell Networks. NetDrive is like a FTP server which maps one path to a drive letter and that drive acts similar to any hard drive partition. Your antivirus may detect netdrive.exe as some worm and reports you that there is a security risk. But in my opinion leave it as it is if you want to use NetWare Client software.