Thread: Access Denied in Slave Hard Disk

Access Denied in Slave Hard Disk

I had connected a 20Gb hard drive of my friend. His system is crashed he wanted the data of his hard disk. Here when I try to open an copy the file a error pop-ups denoting access denied to the file. The hard disk is connected as slave in my windows machine. I tried to copy the files but still the error comes out. Is the hard disk corrupted. What are the other ways I can get the data. What is reason for this error. Thanks.

Re: Access Denied in Slave Hard Disk

The main cause of problem is user account settings. The hard disk in its original location must have a user account settings. The user had logged in as administrator. You will not able to copy the file because you do not have ownership of the files. You will have to take the ownership of the file. After taking the ownership it can be moved easily.

The file are not moving due to the ownership issue. If you are using windows xp then connect the drive and boot in safe mode. Then open My computer and go to Tools Menu. Click on Folder Option and then select view. Here untick on the last option of file sharing. Then to take the ownership right click on the drive and click on properties. Go to security tab. In that you will get a error message ignore it and click on advance tab. See the owner tab and click on administrator group. Replace the owner and click on ok. Now you can move the files.

If you are not able to copy the files then I will recommend you to use Ultimate Stopper. It is a free ware utility used to copy files. In this you will also do not require to perform multiple click to take the ownership. It also safeguard your old file settings in the hard drive. Download it from the attachment and try it.