Thread: Alternative for windows chkdsk

Alternative for windows chkdsk

My system usually hangs up when I run windows chkdsk utility. I do not understand the problem with it. I want to run run the utility for the integrity of hard drive and data. I have problem in my hard drive also. Is there any alternative tool available which can work like chkdsk. I have tried to search but could not found any. Please post some solution for this problem. Thanks.

Re: Alternative for windows chkdsk

You can use norton disk doctor. It is a norton utility. You will have to install norton system works in your system for that. Norton is also a powerful antivirus. Norton disk doctor scan partition table, boot record, folder structure, compressed disk, etc. At the times of scanning it displays summary of test results. It has an easy to use user interface. It creates a log file of the repair session. It can be use to keep the detail of repair made. You can also reverse the repair.

The best alternative for chkdsk will be UBCD. It stands for Ultimate boot cd. Download it and burn the iso image to a cd. A bootable cd is created now. UBCD can diagnose and repair problem related to hardware and system. It has more than 50 tools which can do a antivirus scaning, memory test, cmos password recovery, etc. Click on the link below to download.
    UBCD

Try spinrite in the place of chkdsk. SpinRite is an magnetic data scanning software. It is specifically used for storage device like hard disk, data recovery, etc. There is no freeware version available so you will need to purchase it from the official website. It usually runs from a bootable folloy disk or usb flash drive or a cd. The main function of spinrite is to refresh the magnetic disk show that they can work more reliably. It can also recover data from damaged hard drive.