Thread: HP Photosmart Disconnected in Windows

HP Photosmart Disconnected in Windows

I had installed a new HP photosmart printer in my computer. The system configuration is Windows Vista with 2 Gbs of RAM and Intel C2D processor. The printer is connected to system via usb cable. Every time the printer disconnects after a some time. As it is the only one shared printer on the network. It is a great inconvenient for us. How can I fix this problem. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Re: HP Photosmart Disconnected in Windows

I will recommend you to re-install the HP software in your main pc where it is connected. Go to the device manager and check out weather the device is installed properly. One time re-installation can fix the problem. The problem can be due to some malfunctioned driver file. Just re-install the printer and the see if the problem is solved or not.

Change the usb cable. Replace it will new one. I too was suffering the same problem. The cable was faulty. Also see that the cable must not be too long. Means the distance between the computer and printer must be limited to 3 meter. Also assign a proper port to the printer. Do not change the usb port after installation.

The problem can be with the bad LPT port. Install the printer to a different port. Also update your HP software and get the latest printer drivers. Update your HP printer driver and reboot the system. It is also possible that the HP CD which you got with the printer might be corrupted. Download the same from internet and try again.