Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-06-2009

Unable to extract zip file, displays CRC error

I am having CRC errors when opening large self extracting files, I have several movie files that all were zipped. Everytime I tries to unzip, it goes to 100%, then he gets CRC error on file r.86. when i tried to defragmnented my PC for this reason it asked me to Checked for virus/malware, everything clean. It's weird. He has used, winzip, winrar nad now power achiever. Nothing works. I have tried different Ram, updated drivers and BIOS, and reformatted and am still having the same problems. I know the same files work on other computers.
Old 18-06-2009

Re: Unable to extract zip file, displays CRC error

If the cab files are corrupted you might try a program called Advanced Cab Repair. This error occurs when you download or you get the bad rar. unless you have par files to fix it or it has recovery record built in you are out of luck. try starting winrar, navigate to the folder with the bad rar(file/change drive/open folders) highlight the bad r86 and click repair in the upper right. treat as rar. if it finds recovery record it may be able to fix. otherwise it's time to get a new copy of r86 or delete them all.
Old 18-06-2009

The file when unzipped may be larger than you can write to a fat32 hard drive. Or this maybe because of changing your power supply, getting better grounding and such will fix the problem. When my mains had leak because some leaves fell on the power lines, I used to get this problem, It was a pain to fix since the gound had voltage on it. Even the UPS did not fix it. Some very good power supplies will fix this as well.
Old 18-06-2009

I had also got the CRC Error. The error generated that was from the archive that I attached was initially too big to send. When I reduced its size by deleting all but one file in the archive, then the error was made.

You may also have the following forum discussion:
CRC Error in while opening rar files
Old 18-08-2009
samjoseph

There is no hardware or software problem. Problem is that your zip file is corrupted. You need to repair your zip file using zip repair tool. If you search on web you find lots of tool but I like to suggest Stellar Phoenix Zip Recovery software. Try this it definitely helps you to repair your zip files.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,