Thread: Fix error The requested code needs elevation

Fix error The requested code needs elevation

I was downloading a file from the internet recently. When click on the link the uac of windows vista pop up and denotes a error The requested code needs elevation. I tried it later again but no results. The system is running on windows vista. I was logged in as a user as it is my office pc. How can I bypass this. What are the other way to stop this error and download the file. Thanks.

Re: Fix error The requested code needs elevation

The error The requested code needs elevation is due to the UAC in windows vista. You will need to logged in as administrator and then it will not come. Or else your can turn the feature off. The other thing your can try is right click on the web browser and click on run as administrator. If windows prompts your for any password then provide it. This might can solve your problem.

To remove the error logged in as an administrator in your system and turned off UAC. To do this go to start menu and click on control panel. Click on the user button and look of UAC. Turned it off. Then restart your system. Now weather your logged in as a user or administrator in both the condition you can download any file and execute command. The user account control policy of windows does not provide full privileges to the user.

You cannot bypass the User account control by logging it in a guest account. Anyhow you will need to turned it off by logging as administrator. Second thing you do is whenever your run any application just right click on it and click on run as administrator. If vista prompts for any password give it. UAC is for security for your system. It is not recommended to turn it off.