Thread: How to edit MP4 Metadata for Windows

How to edit MP4 Metadata for Windows

I mostly prefers a CLI application to add/edit meta data, I could add a command to my batch file for it and have the whole process execute automatically. I can have my videos sorted into "Movies", "TV Shows, etc. I have been using video files and everything has been going smoothly until I came across all of my old MPEG-4 psp videos. I've been using mp4box recently for all my multiplexing operations and I understand it can tag the language ID for audio and video tracks etc.

Re: How to edit MP4 Metadata for Windows

You cannot do such things, only because it would be very complicated, You can add/adjust MetaData information of an audio or audio+video file using mp4UI, however it might create problem on your encode upon close. The Moving Pictures Expert Group has defined the MP4 container format for audiovisual information,they have also suggest that you can edit .mp4 files in iTunes, but you won't be able to get them sorted under the different categories.

MP4tags - sets iTunes tag information" but I can't find any mp4tags.exe. There is not one simple way, but several complicated ways to choose from. Therefore applications like VLC or Winamp do not support MP4 metadata out of the box. Due to the string relation to the MOV format however iTunes supports MP4 metadata.In the GUI, each strings are in unicode. Thus, my function convert these strings in UTF8. Then, this result (i.e the command line transformed in UTF8) is fed up to mp4tags.

You may use the MP4 metadata by using the following tools, such as AtomicParsley - A command line tool for reading and setting metadata in MPEG-4 files. This will be a good explanation of the MP4 atoms here. Then Yamb - A GUI tool that uses MP4box and AtomicParsley. and the last but not the list mp4tag - Part of mpeg4ip, a framework for handling mp4 files. with using these interfaces as well as tools you may have access to MP4 metadata.