Thread: How to remove herocodec

How to remove herocodec

Today I was searching a codec for my Windows Media Player. I found one and installed it on my computer. Along with that codec got installed another codec called "herocodec" and I am completely unaware of what it does. Suddenly my antivirus detected it as a Trojan. So I decided to uninstall it but couldn't. Can you help me with some steps on how to remove herocodec from my computer?

Re: How to remove herocodec

HeroCodec is a fake codec pack which usually comes attached to some other free codec available online. It uses various tricks to misguide people to purchase useless software. It accesses user's computer without their knowledge and performs its illegal activities.

HeroCodec could also corrupt Windows media player causing it unable to play musics and videos. It may also generate fake pop-ups to force users to buy some software which is simply crap.

HeroCodec is capable of changing browser settings and showing commercial advertisements and remains in background forever.

HeroCodec is classified as Rogue Application. HeroCodec is another malware trying to trick people into purchasing rogue software. Hero Codec loads pop-ups and system tray alerts. Usually, a Trojan is installed to a victim’s computer after clicking on the advertisement, or comes bundled with various freely shipped programs like codecs. To remove HeroCodec spyware you must block HeroCodec sites, stop and remove processes, unregister DLL files, search and delete all other HeroCodec files and registry utility. Block HeroCodec site "hero-codec.com". Stop and remove herocodec.exe.

HeroCodec is a fake Windows video/audio codec that claims you need to buy it to optimize and upgrade your computer's media player. HeroCodec penetrates into its target system without any information due to backdoor Trojans activity that accompany its malicious unregistered version. It is useless tool and so you should remove it from your computer if available. To remove HeroCodec, first of all stop it from Windows Task Manager. Now delete HeroCodec related registry keys. Go to Start - Run - Type regedit and press Enter. Now search the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HeroCodec.", right click on it and select Delete. Restart your computer for changes to take effect.