Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Malwarebyte not working

Windows Software

Old 15-06-2009

Malwarebyte not working

Hi,
My system was affected with malwares and spyware. So my friend recommended me to get antivirus 2009. It is a free too so downloaded Malwarebytes from the internet. I had installed it properly but it is not working. I tried double clicking on it many times. There is no results. Also the there is no exe type file listed in the Task Manager related to the application. Then I removed it from add/remove program and installed it again. But still it is not working. At the time of setup it installing properly without any errors. What should I do now.

Old 15-06-2009

Re: Malwarebyte not working

Remove the Malwarebytes from the system first. It should be a clean uninstall without leaving any files behind. Then Go to Start Menu > Run. In the box type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager box go to View and click on show hidden devices. Look for Non Plug and Play drivers. It looks like TDSServe.sys. Right click on similar to this and select disable. Restart your system. Now rename the setup file which you download to any name without changing the extension. Run the setup again. It will work now. After setup update the antivirus. '
Old 15-06-2009

It is because of malicious software's installed in your hard drive. You will have remove the hard disk from your system. Then connect it to any different machine with the same OS and scan it for malicious software and errors. Remove everything and reinstall it again. It will work now. It is due to some corrupted programs who are preventing the antivirus to run. It is recommended that the program must run in safe mode.
Old 15-06-2009

Update your windows to the current date. It your windows is not set to automatic update then update it manually. I think your set up file is corrupted. Download a fresh copy from trusted sources and install it back again. But if you had already installed the old one then try out this. Restart your system in safe mode by pressing F8 at the booting time. Select Safe Mode with Networking. Then launch the program. If it runs then it means it only works in safe mode.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,