Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is profileru.exe file

Windows Software

Old 15-06-2009

What is profileru.exe file

I have a shared computer which is between me and my brother. I have not much to do on the PC and my brother plays a lot of games and stuff on the computer. I have noticed a process in the task manager that takes upto 4MB of memory. The process is profileru.exe. I don't know what it is, and i end the process, but everytime the computer is used by my brother it comes back again. What is profileru.exe file? Can anyone help me? Thanks for any help.

Old 15-06-2009

Re: What is profileru.exe file

This file is a part of the software that manages game profiles on the computer, As you mentioned your brother plays a lot of games, this may be of importance to your brother. So better ask him if it is his soem application running? And 4MB is average memory that it consumes while running in background.
Old 15-06-2009

Yeah! This is a profile manager software's executable file, and all the games have this file on thier computer. This file helps when a computer is curropt and the drive need to be formated, This software takes regular backup of game profiles on your computer hence preserving its loss. So you need not worry about it, also ask your brother if it has installed the application just to e sure...
Old 15-06-2009

Thank you guys for the quick reply. I asked my brother as well and this is his application as you all explained. Thanks again, i was about to delete this file and i would have been screwed if you guys wouldn't have helped

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,