Thread: Error when uninstalling office 2007

Happy Error when uninstalling office 2007

I keep getting an error of 1606 when trying to unistall office 2007...I am also not able to download msn messenger or rhapsody...get a dataapp error message..same as uninstalling office...the reason i want unistall office i get an message with some type of language and MSO1033.acl could not be saved and the file may be a read only and I dont have permission to access...I AM THE ADMIN on the PC...and when I get into word...it is using word marco enable template...I NEED HELP...I am very new around here...I have a lil knowledge...PLZ HELP!!!

Re: Error when uninstalling office 2007

problem of MSO1033.acl is due to different system files are stored on the system which may conflict in case you upgrade os xp to vista but you said you are unable to download msn messenger or rhapsody so its looks like virus that took charge of system so you can not able to work properly so just sacn with updated antivirus or scan online.

This issue may occur if there is an incorrect setting in one of the following registry subkeys:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

See this link For more help : Microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    problem of MSO1033.acl is due to different system files are stored on the system which may conflict in case you upgrade os xp to vista but you said you are unable to download msn messenger or rhapsody so its looks like virus that took charge of system so you can not able to work properly so just sacn with updated antivirus or scan online.
    I have done a scan...and it seems the file or files are still there...what can i do to remove this...and what do you mean online scan...thank you

Use this Revo Uninstaller uninstall your application with this program to do it properly check this Revo Uninstaller configuration guide then again try to install with valid good copy of office 2007 in case if you are using pirated.