Thread: ComboFix error unable to fixed under Windows XP

ComboFix error unable to fixed under Windows XP

My Windows has detected spyware infection! I got one and then tried to follow the directions but I have service pack 3. So I did a search and found it and downloaded it, to no avail. It seems all attempts to save my desktop are being blocked by this virus. At one point, when I attempted to drag the XP service pack in to combofix, my adobe photoshop program, opened. The other attempts to drag the service pack into combofix, yielded nothing.Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you.This is something strange happening with my ComboFix please give me some suggestion.

Re: ComboFix error unable to fixed under Windows XP

It is recommended for the Windows XP Service Pack 3 users to download the Recovery Console package for Service Pack 2 and then perform the drag and drop operation. It is not necessary to download an entire Service Pack.

You have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3.

Then you just need to download the package available at this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Download the file & save it as it's originally named, next to ComboFix.exe.

You just need to go to Start then select Run type combofix /u click ok or hit enter key. Before going for this option you need to select the safe mode while starting up computer system then you may first need to verify if there's any rootkits present and how they could affect your tools, tools will be related to your anti-virus program enabled on your computer. DDS & GMER are preliminary scans. We use their logs to map our strategy for attack.

Sometime it also happens that some services that run in the background have a list of .exe files that are prohibited from running. In some blogs it is also recommended to turn off system restore first, but I prefer to boot from cd, create a new folder on the root of the drive and then move the “system volume information” folder into the newly created folder. Or else It would be more helpful if you could generate the log for the error you are getting, with the help of hijack this, you could easily generate the error log, You need to help us to help you.