Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

xvid avi not running at a steady frame rate

Windows Software

Old 15-06-2009

xvid avi not running at a steady frame rate

i was trying to backup of a DVD concerning my recent visit to paris Xvid mpeg4 with Vdubmod the resulting avi comes out shortened by several minutes and it's sound is like cracking
By some probe i evaluated my source files were four linked vobs that I spliced with vobjoiner. I demuxed before-hand and did dual encodes: once straight out of vdubmod as well as one with avisynth. but the thing is that Vdubmod shows the source frame rate as 29.97 whereas ffdshow in mplayer classic indicates it to be a speed that 'varies' in the 25fps zone. However the new avi encode reports a steady 29.97. is this because of an incorrect/corrupted header? so what i need to do to get rid of this

any help????????please

Old 15-06-2009

Re: xvid avi not running at a steady frame rate

hey dude all you want to do is back up your files right? so if one software fails to do this..try for another one rather than sticking with that..because at some instances some arises problem and you will put considerable amount of time to troubleshoot it.some times results will put you in woes.so if one application does not work try another one rather than putting you head in great complexities ....
Old 15-06-2009

Re: xvid avi not running at a steady frame rate

it sounds like a issue with the encoding process,so how about the separate aspect ratio ??
better give me a brief idea about your problem so that i can assist you to resolve .....check with settings with the audio decoding levels....
Old 15-06-2009
casper0191

Also why don't you try to convert it to higher type of video file. That might help on fixing some of the glitches.

why don't you try to convert the original copy to a higher format then back up then see if it's really whacked or corrupted.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,