Thread: install JME on my windows-XP

install JME on my windows-XP

Hi
    Good morning to every one,
    last week i tried to install JMonkeyEngine on Ubuntu 7.10 on my windows-XP computer, i was fine up to certain levels, after installing WinCVS greatly it requested to install Cvsnt. but unfortunately the installation fails. computer keep on freezing while, i managed to download and set my Path Variables.but ANT which works as the command (ant -version works).... Can anyone give me a brief idea on how to Install JME and configure all thats needed such as (CVS and ANT), where to get the required files ( the JME files that contains the build files "xml")

nice helps should be appreciated....

Re: install JME on my windows-XP

hii
    buddy you need a nice assistance to install the application
    you better check out this link
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubunt...S3-73272.shtml

good for you....enjoy

Hi friend this will enable you to install, boot and run Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) from a USB flash. DriveUbuntu 7.10 takes considerable time to boot than previousversions. However, once it's up and running, it performs much better than running from the Live CD.

so here we go
    Grab the Ubuntu 7.10 ISO and burn it to a CD and insert to your USB flash drive you need to reboot the computer into Ubuntu from the Live CD
    Open a terminal window and type sudo su type fdisk -l to list available drives/partitions. Note which device is your flash drive (example: /dev/sda) Throughout this tutorial, replace x with your flash drive letter. For example, if your flash drive is sdb, replace x with b
    Type umount /dev/sdx1 again type fdisk /dev/sdx next type p to show the existing partition and d to delete it,type p again to show any remaining partitions (if partitions exist, repeat the previous step)
    > type n to make a new partition

> type p for primary partition
    > type 1 to make this the first partition and press enter to use the default 1st cylinder
    now you need to type the following
    * +750M to set the partition size
    * in order to make this partition active
    * 1 to select partition 1
    * t to change the partition filesystem
    * 6 to select the fat16 file system
    * n to make another new partition
    * p for primary partition
    * 2 to make this the second partition
    * press enter to use the default cylinder
    * use enter again to use the default last cylinder
    * w to write the new partition table
    and Now you have to type umount /dev/sdx1 to ensure the 1st partition is unmounted and again type mkfs.vfat -F 16 -n ubuntu710 /dev/sdx1 to format the first partition now type umount /dev/sdx2 just to ensure the 2nd partition is unmounted,next you need to type mkfs.ext2 -b 4096 -L casper-rw /dev/sdx2 to format the second partition
    Re-insert your flash drive by removing and now back at the terminal, type apt-get update
    type the following
    * apt-get install syslinux mtools

* syslinux -sf /dev/sdx1

* cd /cdrom

* cp -rf casper disctree dists install pics pool preseed .disk isolinux/* md5sum.txt README.diskdefines ubuntu.ico casper/vmlinuz casper/initrd.gz /media/ubuntu710/ you have to Ignore any "cannot create symbolic link" errors during this time
    Now cd /home/ubuntu
    Type wget pendrivelinux.com/downloads/U710fix.zip,tye unzip -o -d /media/ubuntu710/ U710fix.zip
    reboot your computer, set your BIOS
    if you have any doubt just ask me
    best of luck.......

hey...
    here i have a link for complete installation of jME..so make sure that you follow each steps with out any mistakes else you may face error

so here is the link http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/do...e_to_build_jme

enjoy....