Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to find downloaded files location

Windows Software

Old 13-06-2009

How to find downloaded files location

I have some important files that i have downloaded from the internet. I don't know where these files got themselves downloaded? How do i find downloaded files location from my computer? Please help, those are very important files...

Old 13-06-2009

Re: How to find downloaded files location

Generally, when you download files, before the download starts, it will ask for a location to save. This is a default option for Microsoft's Internet Explorer and many browser. Mozilla just asks to save or open and downloads everything on the Desktop. Well are you using any download accelerators that may save folders in different locations, general locations are c:\downloads\ or c:\documents and settings\user\my documents\downloads\ or c:\documents and settings\user\downloads\
There is nothing i could thing of other then this. And yes, also check the temporary folders.
Old 13-06-2009

I have checked these locations and couldn't find the files i have downloaded, also i use Mozilla Firefox and these files aren't downloaded on the Desktop, My brother does a lot of downloading and might have changed the default folder for downloads. Now how do i find the downloaded files on my computer? Please help guys...
Old 13-06-2009

I would recommend you to use Window's Files and folders search, Select all the local hard disks, from advanced options, select searching from hidded files and folders and if you know the extension of the files search by full file name with extension. If you have downloaded the file, you will surely get those from your computer...

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: