Thread: How to update dictionary in Office 2007

How to update dictionary in Office 2007

I am using Microsoft Office 2007. I know there are lots of predefined words in Office 2007 that are stored in a dictionary for spell check. I want to add some more words in the dictionary that I use very frequently so that those words are also automatically spell checked. How can I update he dictionary in Office 2007 ?
    any ideas......

Re: How to update dictionary in Office 2007

Update Dictionary by addind new words in Office 2007

If you click Add to Dictionary when you run the spelling checker on your document, Word adds the new word to the default custom dictionary. To change the default dictionary to the one that you added, follow these steps:

1. In Word 2003 (and in earlier versions of Word), click Options on the Tools menu.
      In Word 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.

2. In Word 2003 and in earlier versions of Word, click the Spelling & Grammar tab, and then click Custom Dictionaries.
      In Word 2007, click Proofing, and then click Custom Dictionaries under When correcting spelling in Microsoft Office programs.

3. Click the name of the dictionary that you want to set as the default, and then click Change Default.
      Note - The default dictionary is positioned at the top of the list. Additionally, its name is listed in bold characters.

4. Click OK two times.

You can keep the built-in dictionary as it is, unchanged and create an additional custom dictionary to add your own new words.

To create an additional custom dictionary, follow these steps:

• Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
    • Click Proofing, and then click Custom Dictionaries under When correcting spelling in Microsoft Office programs.
    • Click New to create a new custom dictionary.
    • In the File name box, type a name for the new custom dictionary, and then click Save.
      The custom dictionary is added to the Dictionary list.
    • In the Custom Dictionaries dialog box, click OK, and then click OK in the Options dialog box.

Well, you already have an option to either add new words to the current(built-in) dictionary or to create a new additional custom dictionary. whatever you prefer to - just don't forget to save the settings....