Thread: How can I demux MP4 file

How can I demux MP4 file

I would like to have a simple method to demux mp4 files. But I don't know how to do that. Can you suggest me how to demux mp4 files? I have google a lot for this but didn't found any result regarding the same. Which software will be helpful to achieve the same?

Re: How can I demux MP4 file

You can use YAMB to demux mp4 files. YAMB is Mp4Box GUI for windows that helps you to create, split, join, multiplex, demultiplex MP4 files. Its features includes mux audio (aac, mp4, mp3, vorbis...) & video files (mp4, mpeg, vob, ogg, avi...) with subtitles and chapters support. It helps you to split/join mp4 files. You can even extract some tracks from AVI files or raw/mp4 streams, have some information about your files.

Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.

Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.

FFmpeg can do your work as well. FFmpeg is a computer program that can record, convert and stream digital audio and video in numerous formats. FFmpeg is a command line tool that is composed of a collection of free software / open source libraries. It includes libavcodec, an audio/video codec library used by several other projects, and libavformat, an audio/video container mux and demux library.

For the audio:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.mp4 output.wav
    For the video:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -sameq output.m2v