Thread: How to merge mails using Barcode in Word 2007

How to merge mails using Barcode in Word 2007

hello everyone,

I need to know how to merge mails using Barcode in Word 2007 ? I have merged mails in Word before but I am unaware on how to do it using Barcode. Can anybody suggest me how to use Barcode for merging mails in Word 2007 ?

thank you

Re: How to merge mails using Barcode in Word 2007

You can surely use Barcodes for merging mails in Word 2007 provided you have Barcode fonts installed. Although, many barcode fonts represent a compressed form of the original data and Word mail merges but I would suggest not to implemant that compression.

However, Word no longer supports US postnet barcodes - now you need your own data & barcode fonts.

You can enter a field called Barcode into your merge document, that will put a PostNet bar code in under the address block.

say for e.g : { BARCODE { MERGEFIELDwhateveryourzipfieldis }\* MERGEFORMAT }

You can download the Barcode font for free from several sites. A quick Google search will help you out there.

Word's mail-merge is suitable only for font-based barcodes. An Active Barcode Control can be placed on a Word document by selecting the More Controls icon in the toolbox and choosing Active Barcode Control from the list of Object types available.
    Note - "More Controls" icon is not visible, but can be displayed by checking the Controls Toolbox member of the View – Toolbars menu)

In Word 2007 the toolbox appears in the Control pane of the Developer toolbar. Choose Word Options and in the Popular pane check the checkbox labelled “Show Developer tab in the ribbon” in order to make the Developer toolbar visible select the Office icon.

The default barcode image is displayed. Right click on the image and choose Properties from the pop-up menu. The Properties box shows the current properties of the barcode which may be edited as required – including the Caption property which sets the barcode data.