Thread: Best AutoGK settings

Best AutoGK settings

Hello , I Have Just Downloaded the Autogk , and was fiddling around with it settings but Cannot the Most optimal Settings for AutoGk , There are many option also uch as Color correction , KernelDeInt , Reduce FPS , i cannot understand them , I would Like you Guy to Share Your Best Autogk Settings , please Help thanks in advance

Re: Best AutoGK settings

if you are Using it for anims then Use the ESS option for anims, it forces the use of the H263 CQM/Matrix which has good results. You can also force a lower resolution (fixed or maximum width) to get 70% or more at the comp test, which gives an overall better quality for anims

Hello , You can Check this guide for more information about the AutoGk Settings , How to use AutoGK (Auto Gordian Knot) software to make AVI movies

Well my setting are these i set Size as 700Mb and as Resolution: Minimum 512 , Audio: VBR 128 ,Subtitles: No Codec: DivX Pro(5.21)

Hello ,Here the definations that you cannot understand

"Reduce FPS" option is only useful for HDTV 50/60fps sources. By default AutoGK tries to restore 24fps FILM material from 60fps sources and if that is impossible then it leaves fps at 60 (50 fps sources are always left at that fps at the moment). So user can explicitly try and set lower fps. (Note: if you have a pure progressive material you may end up with shuttering video in the end when reducing fps. Use it only if you know what you're doing)

KernelDeInt filter is a filter performing deinterlacing in AutoGK. Its threshold parameter allows you to control sensitivity of the filter in detection of motion areas (as static areas are ignored by the filter). This is very advanced settings and it should be used only when you get a lot of artifacts when encoding interlaced material .

"Color correction" option allows you to slightly change color gamut closer to what the source actually contains (gamut often is changed automatically when doing MPEG2 -> MPEG4 conversion because of the tool involved, i.e. avisynth). You may notice that sometimes your XviD/DivX encodes are looking rather dark comparing to the original input source. In those cases usage of this option will help making it a little bit lighter. Not every MPEG2 input source require this correction and this option doesn't force it but rather switches ON the check if color correction is needed and applied. If color correction is needed then the encoding process can be 10-20% slower than one without it.