Thread: How to turnoff scroll lock in Excel

How to turnoff scroll lock in Excel

In my Microsoft Excel, the scroll lock key is turned ON or enabled by itself. Whenever, I use the arrow keys on my keyboard to scroll the page, instead of moving from cell to cell, it scrolls the whole page at once. I cannot find the key to turn the scroll lock off in Excel. Can anybody please suggest me how can I turnoff the scroll lock in Excel

Re: How to turnoff scroll lock in Excel

In MS Excel, there is a space at the bottom right where the status bar gets highlighted when Scroll Lock is ON. If the status bar is highlighted and the scroll lock is ON, you can click that to turn it off. It's right next to the Number Lock display.

I have done the same thing in my Excel 2002, but for the higher versions of Excel, I think this setting would be the same.

Just two keys you need to take care of while in Excel,

(i) look for the key that reads "Fn" (function key) - on the left of the bottom row on your keyboard, next to Ctrl key.
    (ii) Look for the key that reads "Scrl Lk" (scroll lock key) - on the right of the top row on your keyboard, the "F12" itself.

Hold down the "Fn" key while pressing the "F12" or "Scrl Lk" Key i.e hold "Fn + Scrl Lk". Now try the tab down row to row using the arrow key.

That's it !!!

The solutions mentioned above by other members are perfect and should probably solve your problem. If the problem remains even after implementing the above solutions, then I think your Tab key may be moving too far. try Tools -- Options -- Transitions..............and uncheck all the options.