Thread: How to enable auto save option in Powerpoint

How to enable auto save option in Powerpoint

I was preparing an powerpoint presentation for college, i had done lot of changes in it, i also have inserted some images into it with all the settings and suddenly power goes off, all the work goes with the power failure and need to do it again it was something that clouds were falling onto me with thunder, then i decided to search for the autosave my work created, i search for the same but i didn't find any option in the powerpoint which flush me with another thunderstorm, please help. I don't want to do the same work again.

Thanks in Advance!

Re: How to enable auto save option in Powerpoint

PowerPoint does not have autosave option, and on top of that power failure does not save anything at that point. But you may search your same file in the temp file where you may have the presentation as it was before the save. The odds are that you will not, but it might be worth to give a try. Search for "PPT*.tmp" on your hard drive and manually rename each of the files that is related something .ppt extension. Open them with PowerPoint and see if they are what you need. You may check if you have emailed the presentation to someone. This is because good news ...
    There is an add-in that will allow you to save versions. This will not help with this time, but might prevent a next time.

Re: How to enable auto save option in Powerpoint

However, I was actually referring to using the System Preferences==>Keyboard & Mouse==>Keyboard Shortcuts. I don't think that Control-V is a valid shortcut in PowerPoint. You may have to go back to your last known good copy. Or see if there's anything useable in your TEMP file folder.Check the article "Keyboard Shortcuts" in PowerPoint Help under the Help menu to find a list of shortcuts.