Thread: Block Executable Attachments in Outlook Express

Block Executable Attachments in Outlook Express

I can't able to make any changes to my outlook mail attachment. When i receive an e-mail in Microsoft Outlook 2007 with attachment it gives error "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments...". Is there any way block to Block executable attachments files in Outlook Express.

Re: Block Executable Attachments in Outlook Express

Open your registry by typing regedit in run and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express key. create new DWORD value or you can change existing value to BlockExeAttachments and set it to 0x00000001 (1). Exit your registry; you may need to restart or log out of Windows for the change to take effect.

Re: Block Executable Attachments in Outlook Express

The newest versions of Outlook Express block attachments by default. Use a file share to access the attachment method to unblock access:

You might want to ask the sender to save the attachment to a server or an FTP site that you can access. Ask the sender to send you a link to the attachment on the server or FTP site. You can click the link to access the attachment and save it on your computer.If you need help using the server or FTP site, you can ask the sender for help, or you can contact the server administrator for more information.