Thread: How to perform online storage using Microsoft Onenote

How to perform online storage using Microsoft Onenote

hello,

I want to be able to edit the document files when I am away from my home or workspace. Someone had suggested me that it can be done using Onenote application of Microsoft. I want to ask is it possible to perform the online storage of these document files using microsoft onenote ? please give your useful ideas and suggestions......
    thanks

Re: How to perform online storage using Microsoft Onenote

Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 automatically stores backups of your notes on the same hard disk drive as your original notebook files. This helps to protect your notes from being accidentally changed, corrupted, or deleted while you work. It also makes restoration of recent notes quick and easy.

However, to protect your important notes from a serious problem, such as a hard disk failure, consider changing the default location of your OneNote Backup folder. Suitable backup locations for your important notes include a folder on a secondary or external hard disk drive, a removable storage device such as a USB drive, or a private folder on your network.

Depending upon your computer's operating system, backups of your notebook files are stored in one of the following default locations:

For Windows Vista, the backup folder for your notebooks is located at
    C:\Users\user name\AppData\Microsoft\OneNote\12.0\Backup.

For Windows XP, the Backup folder for your notebooks is located at
    C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\OneNote\Backup.

OpenDocMan is a free document management system (DMS) designed to comply with ISO 17025 and OIE standard for document management. It features web based access, fine grained control of access to files, and automated install and upgrades.

Unlike most DMS’s that require you to change your business rules in order to manage your documents, OpenDocMan allows you to integrate your current rules. Through supporting multiple file types, to departmental review, OpenDocMan lets you concentrate on the business at hand, document management.

To change the default location for the backup files,

• On the Tools menu, click Options.
    • In the Options dialog box, in the Category list, click Save.
    • Under Save, in the Paths list, click Backup Folder, and then click Modify.
    • In the Select Folder dialog box, navigate to the location of the folder where you want OneNote to store backup files, and then click Select.