Thread: The ordinal 1334 could be located error

The ordinal 1334 could be located error

I have a media center pc at my home. I got error message " The ordinal 1334 could not be located in the dynamic link library IML32.dll" when I was trying to install an application. Other thing are working fine no issues. But whenever I try back the error pops up. What does it mean. I have not done any changes to the system in recent times. Can anyone help.

Re: The ordinal 1334 could be located error

The main cause of this error is a conflict between different version of 2 files. The iml32.dll and dirapi.dll. They shockwave files. It is used by macormedia files and come along with the applications provided by macromedia. If you had previously installed any shockwave application then this is result of that. The files are basically located in the jamorama application folder or any other macromedia folders. Go to my computer and search for file named iml32.dll. The files can be seen in system 32 or temp directories. Delete them. Carry out the same process for dirapi.dll.

The error is caused due to the dll files leaved by Macromedia Shockwave programs. If you had uninstalled it or it is still there then you need to uninstall it. The simple solution to resolve this is to uninstall all the shock wave related software's from control panel. Go to add/remove programs and delete all the Macromedia Shockwave programs. If still the problem arises then search for iml32.dll files from the computer and delete them.

The problem occurs due to conflict between iml32.dll and dirapi.dll. file. Some new application you trying to install may contain the newer version of above dll files. Which is causing conflict among them. The are adobe related file. It is resolved if you remove the files which will stop the conflicting issue. Run a disk cleanup utility. This delete all the temporary files. Second thing look for the files or folders related to macromedia or adobe in program files and delete it. The location for this files ca be C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings\Temp.