Thread: How to override windows vista activation

How to override windows vista activation

Hi,
    Recently I had formatted my comp because of virus. Windows Vista was installed by friend but not activated. As I was not available for couple of weeks. Now here the grace period is going to be expired. I want to ask that can I override windows activation. Because I will need to some more to time to get my Windows Vista Installation disk. Is there a way by I can get some temporary time. Because I am unaware of formatting and it is quiet a tedious job to put back all applications and printers. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to override windows vista activation

Some windows vista system can work in safe mode for some time after the expiration of grace period. Restart your system in Safe Mode. Go to start menu > run > and type %systemroot%\system32. Search for two files. The first one is wpa.dbl and the second one is wpa.bak. Right click on them and rename it to wpa_old.dbl and wpa_old.bak. Restart your system in normal mode.

There is a simple way by which you can increase the grace period of your system form 30 days to 120 days. But after that you will need to insert your License key. So that you don't get any problem in future. And it is termed as legal by Microsoft. You do not need to put any patch or hack the system files. Just boot up your system. Go to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > command prompt. Or the simple way Go Start Menu > Run > type cmd and press enter. Give the command [ slmgr -rearm ] without any brackets. I am putting it just to define the commands separately. Restart your system.

You will do not need to re-install your Operating system again. Because when your grace period is expired the first thing will happen that you will not able to logged in. At the first log in screen you can see the option of activation. Click on it and it will give your option to activate via phone, internet or by inserting license key. Once you get the key just type it and restart your system . But still you can access your system in safe mode after the end of activation period.