Thread: How to remove lexbce print server

How to remove lexbce print server

Hi,
    I had recently uninstalled Lexmark printer from my pc. But the lexbce server installed by Lexmark is not removed. The printer spooler stills wait for the lexmark server for printing. I had connected a Deskjet printer to the pc. Here I am getting error message denoting lexbce.exe file. I had properly uninstalled the printer from add and remove program. I don't know to remove the lexbce server. How should get rid out of it. Even after restarting the spooler service from DOS the print thing is not working. Help needed.

Re: How to remove lexbce print server

Normally the work of lexbce server is to initiate network printing. It is installed by Lexmark printer and some Dell printers which are manufactured by Lexmark. Now here the issue is that stopping the service will let to stopping of spooler service.Which will result in disabling printing process on your pc. But there is a solution for this. It can be fix by removing the Lexbces dependency. To remove it properly follow the instructions.
    • Right click on My computer and Select Manage.
    • In the window click on Services and application and click on service.
    • In the list on the right hand side look for lexbce server and disable it.
    • Then look for the print spooler service. Disable it also.
    • Exit the application.
    • Now go to Start Menu > Run.
    • In the dialog box type or copy paste the following command [ sc config spooler depend= RPCSS ] without brackets.
    • Click on OK.

Here you are done. Your lexbce problem is solved.

I will give you very simple solution that might work in your issue. Restart your system in safe mode by pressing the F8 key at the time of booting. Now open my computer and press Ctrl F. In the left side click search for files and folders. Type the name of file and search it. If you found the file which gives error then delete it manually. Remove your new printer also. Then restart your windows and after that install your new printer back. After installing check out that the printer spooler services is on or not. If not run it and print a test page.

Basically it an Lexmark file which help to work the on board network printing process. You can stop it and remove it completely from your system. But you need to take care because it can stop the printing service in your OS. To remove it safely follow the instructions. First stop the lexbce service by right clicking on my computer > mange > Services and application > Service. Restart your computer in safe mode. Then press Ctrl + Alt + Delete. In the process tab see weather the lexbce service is running or not. If yes then stop it. Delete the spooler driver from the default location listed as - C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers or C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86. Restart your system back.

ThumbsUp Re: How to remove lexbce print server

Raine,

Thank you so much for posting this! i have been working on getting this to work and made an account on here just to tell you thank you so much! We now have a working printer

Thanks!