Thread: Remove extra monitor in device manager

Remove extra monitor in device manager

I had two dual monitors listed in the Device Manger under display adapter. Before I had configured a projector with my computer then I removed it. But still it showing there. I want to remove it completely from my system. I don't want any extra unused hardware in the device manager. Because I believe it can cause any system issue. How can I remove it. If I removed them then can the drivers of old hardware will cause any error to the system.

Re: Remove extra monitor in device manager

You can remove the other monitor by right clicking on it and selecting uninstall. Window will remove it with the drivers. Then after that you will need to update your windows display drivers. This you can do by inserting windows cd. To update the driver insert the cd. Go to device manager and right click on your monitor select properties. Go to the driver tab and select update drivers. It will automatically detect it from the cd or otherwise you can also do this by your mother board cd. If you don't have any then download it from the internet. The name hardware is listed in device manger.

Don't worry about that. It is not a problem. Let it be there. It is common in windows. Because as plug and play is enabled whenever you connect any monitor it detects its and runs it. It will cause nothing harm to your system. I have 3 monitors listed in device manger in my notebook. If you still have any objection visit the similar thread below.
    http://forums.techarena.in/troubleshoot-98/915268.htm

The extra hardware listed in your device manager comes due to the plug and play feature of windows. The plug and play option makes more simpler for the users to work with new hardware. It is detected and configured automatically by windows. If you really don't need that then do this. Right click on my computer and select properties. Go to advance tab. Now click on Environment Variables. Under the column of system variables select new. Type enter devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices in the variable name and give the value 1. Exit everything and restart your system.