Thread: My laptop Turns on when I give shutdown

My laptop Turns on when I give shutdown

Hi,
    I have a Samsung note book. I had purchased it almost a year before. Recently I had formatted my pc due to virus issue and upgraded it to windows vista from window xp. Everything works proper for some time. But later when I click on shutdown from the start menu option my laptop restarts. It is happening continuously. I do not understand the reason behind this. Can any suggest something. Thanks in advance.

Re: My laptop Turns on when I give shutdown

The shutdown problem is one of the most common problem in windows. There can be many reason behind this. Normally your system takes a long time to shut down and then restarts again. Mainly windows OS are designed to reboot rather than shutting down in case of critical failure. I will recommend to run and Starup and recovery service of windows. To do this right click on My computer and select properties. Select advance tab and then select startup and recovery. Now click on settings button. From that under the column of system failure select Automatically restart. Exit the application.

The common issue in your windows turn off problem can be a bug in Roxio’s Easy CD Creator. Due to this bug your system restarts instead of shutting down. You can get a patch for this from the website of Roxio. Or better uninstall and check weather your system is shutting down properly. If yes then update the tool to latest version. If you don't have roxio then ignore the above post and click below for similar threads.
    "Turn Off Computer" Reboots Instead of Shutting Down
    Computer restarts after being turned off
    http://forums.techarena.in/mediacenter/730470.htm

I will recommend you do system restore before going onto any process. You can perform the action by going to start menu > programs > accessories > system tools > system restore. If still the problem arises then Right click on My computer and select Properties. Go to hardware and select Device manager. In Device Manger go the the LAN part. Right click on the network card and select properties. Go to the power management.. Untick all the boxes. Exit everything and try now. If still the problem is there is there is some hardware issue with your system.