Thread: Animated gifs not working in Powerpoint

Animated gifs not working in Powerpoint

hie,

I have some images and animation in gif file format. Whenever, I try to open these gif files using Microsoft Powerpoint, it doesn't open or play. What is the cause of this problem? Can anybody suggest me how can I open these gifs in powerpoint.....

Re: Animated gifs not working in Powerpoint

Since your animated GIF files are not able to play in PowerPoint, I think the loop flag is set to zero. Well, you can easily correct this.
    • Download and install the trial version of GIF Construction Set
    • Open your GIF file in it.
    • Double click on the first "block", 1:HEADER.
    • At the bottom of the dialog, check the Loop box and set the number of iterations to your choice (1-99).
    • Save the file with a new name.
    • Insert it in your presentation
    • Test it in Slide Show mode.

When the following setting is applied to the file: "Play the animation for a limited number of times, but do not loop continuously" , the animated gif file does not work or play.

To resolve this issue, modify the animated .gif file in a graphics program that will let you set the Loop flag to 1.

Animated .gif files use two settings to play back animations during a PowerPoint slide show:
    • The Loop flag
    • The Iteration value

The Loop flag has a value of 0 or 1.
    The value of 0 indicates that the animation does not loop.
    The value of 1 indicates that the animation is to be looped.

The Iteration value is either 0 or the Iteration value is set to a value that indicates the number of times that the animation will play.

PowerPoint 2003 will play the animated .gif file only if one of the following conditions is true:
    • If the Loop flag is set to 1 and if the Iteration value is set to 0, the animated .gif file plays continuously.
    • If the Loop flag is set to 1 and if the Iteration value is set to a value larger than 0, the animated .gif file plays the number of times that is equal to the Iteration value.
    • If the Loop flag is set to 1 and if the Iteration value is set to 0, the animated .gif file plays continuously.
    • If the Loop flag is set to 1 and if the Iteration value is set to a value larger than 0, the animated .gif file plays the number of times that is equal to the Iteration value.

However, if the Loop flag is set to 0 and if the Iteration value is set to a value larger than 0, PowerPoint 2003 will not play the animated .gif file.

ShielaG Guest

Can someone recommend a professional animation studio ?

Hey Friends, I'm an animation professional. Looking for a well known animation studio i can join. Can anyone suggest a professional animation studio ?

Try to create a new thread or just post this question in the Education, Jobs and Career section. You can get much better preferences their. About the animation studious it depends on your location and choice of field you want to go. Sill in animation there are certain fields in which it is better to work for longer time and gain an better acceptance.

hii..
    my gif files doesn't play in ppt 2010..pls help me...tq..

You have to insert the gif file in the from of Movie in Powerpoint. And then in animation just set it on automatic. If you set any settings like mouse hover or mouse click the gif file will not respond. You can see the preview by pressing F5 when the slide show plays. I think you might be try to insert gif file in the form of image because of which it is not working at all.

GeforceUser, tq so much..my gif files can b play in ppt..(",)