Thread: How to play rmvb format movies

How to play rmvb format movies

I have some movies in .rmnv format, but my media player and real player not playing it , even i tried with classic player, the bad thing is only sound is coming? i have latest k-lite codec installed on my pc then whats the issue? how do i play this .rmvb format files ? Do help me please. Thank you

Re: How to play rmvb format movies?

For info :

RealMedia Variable Bitrate (RMVB) is a variable bitrate extension of the RealMedia multimedia container format developed by RealNetworks.

As opposed to the more common RealMedia container, which holds streaming media encoded at a constant bit rate, RMVB is typically used for multimedia content stored locally. Files using this format have the file extension ".rmvb".

Limited support is available on some media players, generally on the Windows platform, including the proprietary RealPlayer 10 and the open-sourced Media Player Classic, using an appropriate DirectShow filter or Real Alternative. MPlayer and some other programs such as totem are able to play RMVB files in Linux/UNIX-based x86 machines through the use of WIN32 DLLs or native closed-source libraries.
    Source: wikipedia.com
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Try with the Real Alternative 1.90, its able to play RealMedia files without having to install RealPlayer/RealOne Player. It comes with the required codecs for RMVB .

If still you won't be able to play rmvb file install the Vista Codec Pack or XviD or GOM Player . I use GOM player for all video formats. and i think the Real Alternative is best choice for this format.