Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2009

Excel: error 'subscript out of range' while importing spreadsheet

I tried to import a spreadsheet to Access from one of my Excel workbook. I was unable to do that and excel gives the pop up with the following error "subscript out of range". What is that and how can i fix this problem ?
Old 09-06-2009

Re: Excel: error 'subscript out of range' while importing spreadsheet

The problem might be that the wizard doing the import has a limit on the number of fields it can import.The problem is definitely not with Access, its with Excel. Try importing the excel to a new table and double check the field formats access assigned. Also delete all empty columns and rows.Deleting the empty columns and/or rows restores them to a "pristine" condition. Or try entering a ZERO in each blank field. to do that, enter a 1 in a blank cell on another sheet, COPY the cell, select the date column, Edit>Paste Special - MULTIPLY. The delete the ROWS below the table that do not contain data but have ZEROS in the date column.
Old 09-06-2009

You can try to import the spreadsheet in the CSV format.Delete all empmty rows and columns. You might also try ensuring that the Excel spreadsheet does not include any illegal fieldnames as header rows. Check for the use of special characters, such as apostrophes, colons, etc. in the header row in Excel.
Old 09-06-2009

What i can suggest you is simply remove all blank columns and rows Or import it manually. Select excel file to import, click next and you will get error. Now on the next screen just checkout the data and verify the columns. Here scroll left till end. There might be extra columns which is causing this problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,