Thread: How to remove Nitro PDF

How to remove Nitro PDF

Few months back i installed Nitro PDF to use it with my word 2007 but i dint got it much useful. It also started crashing the word. Now i am trying to uninstall or remove it but it won't get it done. Could you guys make me know how can i delete Nitro PDF from my system?

Re: How to remove Nitro PDF

You can do that easily. Make sure you dont have any another Office application open during uninstallation and open up the word, go to Tools than Customize and select the Nitro PDF Word entry and click on the Delete button. if any other office application is opened during this it would restrict the uninstaller from removing the Add-in due to being in use.

If this doesn't works for you than you can download Nitro Clean Up Utility to simply uninstall Nitro PDF completely from your system.

If you are not able to delete it than i think is attached to another running process on the computer. So better to go to task manager and do end process by right clicking on it and than try to delete it from Add or Remove program from the control panel . Or you can use Nitro Clean Up Utility to do it .Once you run the RUNME.bat file after its download it will remove all things Nitro. Since you are a VISTA user you will have to right click the RUNME.bat and select "Run as administrator".

Thanks for the quick reply friends. I hope this application will do for me. Let me try with this and i'll be back with the results.

I appreciate your help. Thanks. !!

Hi, I am having the same problem with Nitro, it has change all my Adobe Acrobat files to Nitro. If I delete the Nitro will all my Acrobat files reconvert or do I risk losing them or corrupting them. tks.

nitropdf.exe is a NitroPDF.exe belonging to Nitro PDF Professional from Nitro PDF. I suspect that you had Microsoft Word or another Office application open during uninstallation which would restrict the uninstaller from removing the Add-in due to being in use. Try uninstalling it from the Add/Remove Programs section under the Control Panel. If you have done this already and it still won't delete, chances are you are getting a box that pops up saying that "the file is being used by another program try shutting this program down before deleting this file" or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by dtjessup View Post
    Hi, I am having the same problem with Nitro, it has change all my Adobe Acrobat files to Nitro. If I delete the Nitro will all my Acrobat files reconvert or do I risk losing them or corrupting them. tks.
    Same issue/question/concern. I'd like to uninstall this program but want to know if all my saved pdf files will be deleted as well.

Thanks for any help!

If all the files are saved in default location then it might be possible that uninstallation will remove all the files from the system. It is better to backup the Save file to certain location and then perform uninstallation of the Nitro from the system. You can also use the uninstallation utility for remove of Nitro from system. So if you can then try this out and work with the issue.