Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Archive Option in Outlook 2007

Missing Archive Option in Outlook 2007

Hello , I Have Outlook 2007 installed in my Office Computer , Previously We Had Office 2003 , it was working properly and was not Having any Issues, Even office 2007 Also Did not have much issues Except for the Fact I Cannot the the Archive option on the File menu. the Archive option on the File menu. Seem to be missing please Help and Tell me How Can i Solve these Issue Thanks in advance For Your Replies

Re: Missing Archive Option in Outlook 2007

Hello , I dont have Any Idea About the Missing Archive but You Can try the Autoarchive , from the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab. Click AutoArchive.

How to Turn On the AutoArchive Feature
    • On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab.
    • Click AutoArchive.
    • Click to select the AutoArchive Every check box, and then specify how frequently the AutoArchive process will run by typing a number in the days box.
    • If you want to be notified before the items are archived, click to select the Prompt Before AutoArchive check box.
    • In the Default archive file box, type a file name for the archived items to be transferred to, or click Browse to select from a list.
    • Click OK two times.

This Might be Disable by Your System Administrator , But there is a Registry Trick to solve your problem for this Click on Start then Click on Run, in run dialoag box Type RegEdit and then Click OK , Expand To the Following Key My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preference in right pane Set DisableManualArchive value data to 0 , after that Close RegEdit , and Close and Start your outlook again..

• From the the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click the Commands Tab.
    • Click the Rearrange Command button.
    • Select Menu Bar radio button and File from the drop down box.
    • If Archive isn't listed in the window under the Controls section you have two options:
      • Click the Reset button to reset the File menu to the way it is when Outlook 2007 is first installed.
      • Click the Add button, select File in the categories section, select Archive in the commands section, click OK, and then select Archive from the Controls section and use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to place it where you want it on the File menu (default is directly below Import and Export).

Hi,
    I have the same problem and I don't use group policy but I do use office installation tool kit.

there is no archive if i want to customize the tool

why is that? Is there a big btw i deployed office 2007 with sp2

is there the only way to hack the registry?

thanks.

Are you taking about AutoArchive feature in Outlook 2007

You can quickly complete the same process in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003. You can manually transfer old items to a storage file by clicking Archive on the File menu, or you can have old items automatically transferred by using the AutoArchive feature. Items are considered old when they reach the age that you specify. With the AutoArchive feature, you can either delete or move old items. Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2003 can archive all kinds of items, but it can only locate files that are stored in an e-mail folder, such as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or a Microsoft Word document, that is attached to an e-mail message. A file that is not stored in an e-mail folder cannot be archived.

See this KB article 830119

Hope this helps you .

Perhaps I can let you have one of my Archive menu options!

I have SIXTEEN menu options saying "Archive..." and can't find any way to get rid of them and they seem to grown every once in a while :-(

The thing that worked for me was uninstalling KB2412171. How depends a little upon your operating system. There is no need to reinstall it, and no need to reboot.

Wow,

that did it for me too. I was only looking for the Archive option, because I thought my mailbox was slow, because it was too full.
    Now I have deleted the the KB2412171 update and Outlook 2007 is as fast as it was before.
    Weird Windows updates... :-S

Wow, for me too! I usually don't have much luck using web tips. But, in this case uninstalling the recent KB2412171 update worked.

The first thing I noticed wrong was a performance lags in loading emails. Then after trying to cut down the size of my Outlook.pst file I noticed the "Archive" option missing. That's when I switched gears assuming the poor performance and the missing "Archive" option might be related. That led me here to JesOakley's and bopgelder's responses. Thanks!

Incidently, I only had the problem on my XP machine, not on my Windows 7 machine. Also, if you research the KB2412171 update, Microsoft admits there is a degradation in performance with the update (no mention about the "Archive" problem) and they're looking into it. I would hope so--terrible update.

How do I uninstall KB2412171 in Windows XP?

If you are using Windows 7 then you can easily uninstall the Updates. Windows offers you Manual and Automatic options for both Windows updates. You can install and remove under both the conditions. Run control panel and then click on Uninstall a program. On the left side you can see a View installed updates link. Click on that and search for the update that you want to remove. Uninstall it and reboot your system.

Well, Praise God! My email starting acting up about 3-4 days ago. Sooooo Slow in opening folders. As many of you thought, I too thought I needed to reduce the size of my folders. Couldn't find my archive button anywhere or find a way to manually archive. The box USED to pop up periodically so I knew I DID have it at one time. So I just spent about 3 hours scanning for registry problems, scanning for spyware, scanning for memory problems...when all checked out good, I finally started manually deleting old email. Got it all done. Restarted Outlook 2007...no change. Looked for the second time on the internet for an answer. This time, found this forum. Found that silly update KB2412171...uninstalled it...My Outlook is working great now, AND...I have my archive button back. Thanks so much guys!

Thank you so much. Uninstalled the weird update KB2412171. it works great now.

THANK YOU!!
    KB2412171 was the culprit behind my Outlook slow-down & missing Archive function as well.

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast