Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Archive Option in Outlook 2007

Re: Missing Archive Option in Outlook 2007

Thanks here too. Dreadful update. Thought I had a serious Outlook problem.

smile Re: Missing Archive Option in Outlook 2007

Hi,

I just created an account to say thanks to JesOakley, for the remove the KB2412171 update!

About a week ago, I had a perfectly fine working Outlook 2007, all of a sudden no more. In retrospect, I remember an update to MS componants was pused thru' last week. The kind that say's (after Shut Down) windows is downloading updates do not switch off your computer.... something like that!

Thanks again!

Its solved my problem too BUT it seems to have lost all my old archives.
    The file is certainly there but not linked to the archive folder icons - it says the file is empty.
    Its just asked me if I want to auto archive and I have said no in case it overwrites the old archives before I crack the problem.
    Any ideas out there?

Now the next step, in the life of my PC is to do a re-format of the 120GB harddisk, deleting the partition (D Drive).. my C drive is now down to 5GB and reinstalling everything.

Is there anything I can do so I don't have to reformat, i.e. software that would safely rem the D drive? AND retain all the data etc.

Thanks,

PC: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core; 4GB RAM; 120GB WD

Thank you Forum! Uninstalled KB2412171, archive option restored, speed back to normal! I would add, for anyone not familiar with uninstalling updates, when you go to Start/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, be sure to click "Show Updates" at the top of the window that opens. Might take a few seconds to populate, but then you will see the culprit under the Microsoft Office heading in the list. BTW, anyone know what this update was supposed to do (other than foul up our email!)?

ThumbsUp Re: Missing Archive Option in Outlook 2007

Finally, a fix for this problem that really worked on my XP laptop. Glad you knew that uninstalling KB2412171 would do the trick. Thank You!

Removing this Microsoft update worked a treat for me too, what a poorly tested update from Microsoft!!!

Removing KB2412171 solved my performance issues with outlook 2007 on win XP SP3 and corrected the missing Archive function.

Thanks!

Thanks - this uninstall worked perfectly for me too. I can't believe that Microsoft would release such a poorly implemented update - it's like getting your car back from the repair shop with only two cylinders working. Unacceptable . . .

Wow. Have had this problem for about a week, Googled it and found the forum and quickly found a solution - uninstalling KB2412171. Immediately, Outlook began to work like a charm. Also, the archive command returned to the File Menu. Awesome.

Before I got here, however, the recommendations were pointing to a lack of archiving causing the symptoms brought about by the defective MS update. I have never used archiving in my life and never had such performance problems.

So, the next logical question is: Will not archiving cause slow downs in Outlook performance? Is archiving recommended or necessary?

THANK YOU!! My f*ing computer has been messed up since last week. I spent the whole weekend running virus checks, spyware checks, disk utilities, registry checkers, etc. just to find out that it is an automatic update problem.

If you want to uninstall KB2412171 from Windows XP go to: control panel > add / remove programs - make sure the "include updates" at the top of the window box is checked. KB2412171 was found under my Microsoft Office installation (near the top of the list).

Hope to see improvements soon
    Last edited by aesteria; 28-12-2010 at 05:04 AM.

I was missing all the autoarchive options too. Uninatalled KB2412171 and it all came back. I had kind of elaborate archiving set up and was expecting it to all be blown away. But luckily it was all still there.
    Thanks everyone for figuring this out and letting us all know about it.

Exclamation Re: Missing Archive Option in Outlook 2007

uninstalling the recent KB2412171 update worked.

Stupid that windows has not acknoledged the problem yet

Peter

smile Re: Missing Archive Option in Outlook 2007

OH MY< you guys rock. I have been at it for hours. I even started thinking about leaving my old friend, Outlook.. Thanks
    Kevin

Yee Ha!!! Thank You!!! Deletion of the Update worked for me as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast