Thread: Need lite-on sohw=832s driver

Need lite-on sohw=832s driver

I bought a lite-on sohw=832s DVD burner from one of friend to use it on my Windows vista system. But i am having a lot of troubles burning media with this burner. When i try to burn any thing it works very slowly and stop in between saying needs compatible driver for the system. Where can i find the the needed drivers for lite-on sohw=832s DVD burner?

Re: Need lite-on sohw=832s driver

I don't think SOHW-832S requires any drivers as the devices itself comes with two bundled applications to install: CyberLink PowerDVD 5.0 and Nero OEM Suite. But anyways, youcan find it on Lite-on's official site.Also remember some of the upgrade programs can be only run under pure DOS operation system environment, some can be done directly under Windows environment.

I have also attached a driver with this post find it and let me know is it what you needed.

Here are the needed drivers for lite-on sohw 832s driver:

SOHW-832SX DVD Dual Firmware driver

sohw-832s-driver.1.1.3.zip

Thanks for the help friends. I really needed this to work with my dvd burner. Hope this will work for me .

Thank You !!!

sad Re: Need lite-on sohw=832s driver

I have a lite on DVD RW sohw-832s ata device that has not worked since I installed the vista home software. I also have a HL-DT-ST CD Rom GCR-8483 ATA Device that does not work with Vista Home either. When I go to the windows update it shows that I have the correct driver and it is functioning but neither one sees a disc. I have tried to use the Lite-on driver finder but it does not even see the dvd or DC Rom device. I can see it on my hardware manager, and see the drivers too and it says they are correctly installed. I run windows media player for them both and that is up to date. I think the drivers are for windows XP my old program and both worked with XP. Any help for the correct driver for XP? Getting ready to go buy new drives if this isn't solved soon.
    Johnny

I have a lite on DVD RW sohw-832s ata device that has not worked since I installed the vista home software. I also have a HL-DT-ST CD Rom GCR-8483 ATA Device that does not work with Vista Home either. When I go to the windows update it shows that I have the correct driver and it is functioning but neither one sees a disc. I have tried to use the Lite-on driver finder but it does not even see the dvd or DC Rom device. I can see it on my hardware manager, and see the drivers too and it says they are correctly installed. I run windows media player for them both and that is up to date. I think the drivers are for windows XP my old program and both worked with XP. Any help for the correct driver for XP? Getting ready to go buy new drives if this isn't solved soon.
    I did not got you properly, i mean which operating system you are running currently?? as you have said that you have installed vista and you are asking driver for XP??

I have vista, sorry I mistyped when I said I need a driver for XP.

I have checked out for the same and you can get the LiteOn SOHW-832S VS0M driver for vista from softpedia site, actually the mentioned driver at their site is available for all the version of windows os, so just try it out and see if it is helping you.

I went to the softpedia website, wow is that a busy site. I see lots of drivers and went to the section for dvd, media etc and looked through 20 pages of drivers and dont see my lite on driver. Is there a way to search a driver, dont see one on that page?

I did a little more research on that site and found the driver in the firmware tab about ten pages in. Thanks for your help, will try it when I get home, that is the computer I needed it for.