Thread: Basic Photoshop Brush Tips for Beginners

Basic Photoshop Brush Tips for Beginners

I want to become a photographer. I have all the knowledge related to camera and all that. But as you already know in my profession capturing photographs is not enough to become a successful photographer along with that editing the captured images is also have its own importants. For that I decide to use Photoshop. I have some knowledge about photoshop like names of tools present inside toolbox. My friends told me before moving further try to use basic tool brush present inside toolbox. I need your help to use it effectively. I am waiting for your valuable replies desperately. I would like to say thanks in advance for your precious time.

Re: Basic Photoshop Brush Tips for Beginners

It is mandatory to have knowledge about using brush in Photoshop. After all it is fist basic tool that we see inside Photoshop. You first have to get knowledge about setting the brush inside your Photoshop director. After setting it you have to know about the procedure to brush fade and preset picker display. It really becomes hard to you to use Photoshop without having knowledge about these basic things. I will glade to tell you about all these things. After all I am also Photographer in profession. But due to lake of time, I am not able to tell you about it. I will get back to you after getting some free time.

The first step in Photoshop for using the brush tool in Photoshop is placing the brush inside your Photoshop’s directory. Simply click on the icon of brush. There is one arrow present at the right hand side of the window named brush present picker. Simply click on the button replace brushes. You will get this option at the menu bar after that select the file that you want to use on your computer. Once the file loaded it will take place of the previous one. I am able to provide you only this much information.

After selecting the appropriate brush the preliminary method you have to know is rotating the brush in desired angle. There are two ways present inside Photoshop for rotating the brush. The first way is place the brush on layer after that go inside the Edit option there you will find the option name rotate under transform. The second possible way is first select the brush tool and select the brush tip shape option. There type the data whatever you want inside the angle. There you will see one parameter for entering the second parameter. After trying this procedure two to three times you will get expertise in rotating the brushes in Photoshop. If you face any problem in this, let me come to know about that. I will definitely solve your problem.

The basic effect that you have to try to use in Photoshop is fade effect. It is able to provide you effect like continuous stroke as we saw in paint. For that simply click on the button brushes. After clicking on that button number of options will appears in front of you. Among them select the “dynamics” option. After selecting this option Photoshop will allows you to enter the number of parameters likes roundness, minimum parameters and all that. Enter any random values and see the difference behind the effect produce by brush. There are two checkboxes present which allows you to remove this effect completely from your picture. You can make use of them deliberately to give fine effects to your picture.

I am here to tell you the way to change the appearance of your brushes in Photoshop. For that you have to select the brush preset picker. This one is responsible for changing the way of viewing of your brush. It allows you to change number of parameters like text, size of the brushes, size if thumbnails and many more. You will come to effect that you get after changing these values after spending some time on Photoshop.

I am going to tell you about the ideal way to learn everything about the Photoshop. Instead of posting threads like this I will suggest you to download the pdf files available on web absolutely free of coast. Try to download those files having pictorial information about the each and every step that you have to perform in order to get the desired effect. There are number of such type of files you can easily get from internet.