Thread: Trusted installer maximum cpu usage

Trusted installer maximum cpu usage

Hi,
    Recently after windows update I was just rattling in task manager. I had seen in it a file called Trusted Installer.exe is consuming around 100 % of cpu and large memory size. It make my system very low. I am running windows 7 on my system with 2 gigs of ram. According me the configuration is enough strong to handle windows. I restarted the system also but still the cpu usage is high. Is there any harm from this file. How can I stop it and imporve my system performance.

Re: Trusted installer maximum cpu usage

Many a times the system freezes hangs. The file TrustedInstaller.exe only use your system for a short span of time. This process cannot be ended because it is an critical windows file. It called windows module installer. It is an installer service which initiate in installation and un-installation of system. It is not an harm to your system. It is an automated service which scans your system and look of updates. Is also responsible for installing all critical windows update. The best solution is to relax and let the update run. After some time it goes to normal. If still you want to avoid it you can do this. Set your windows automatic update to manual. It will prompt you whenever the update is available and you can install it as per your convenient. As it takes more system resources let the user in annoying mood.

You can stop this service to free up your system. Basically it auto starts when your system boots up. You can stop it. Go to start menu > run. Type msconfig in the run box and press enter. Click on continues when prompted by UAC. Go to system configuration tab and click on service tab. Deselect the box denoting Windows Modular Installer. Click ok and exit.

It is recommended that the service should not be stopped. It is an windows file so you do not need to worry. One thing you do. You can set it to manual. So instead of running in background all time it will only run whenever required. For doing so go to start menu and click on control panel. Look for system and maintenance. Open it and select Administrative Tools window. Open the services applet thing. If prompted click continue in UAC box. Look for Windows Module Installer service and right click on it. Click on properties. In the window go to general tab and in the drop down list of startup type select manual. By this the Windows Module Installer will set to manual at startup. Click on apply. Click OK and exit. Restart the system.