Thread: Tabs missing in Excel worksheets

Tabs missing in Excel worksheets

I had a query about Microsoft Excel 2003. I have a ready workbook, when i opened it today, i found the tabs that displays at the bottom of the worksheet like sheet 1, sheet 2, etc.. is missing from my workbook. i than opened another workbook to see, is it there but i cant see it in any of the excel file on my system. How can i get this tabs back?

Re: Tabs missing in Excel worksheets

I have also faced this issue sometime with my excel worksheet. This might be because you may have large 'restored' sheet on a small screen..There should be two X's in the upper right corner of the screen, one red for excel and one black for the worksheet. Use these controls and make sure the worksheet is "maximized" in the window of excel. Or try this steps:- click 'Tools' menu, 'Options' option then 'View' tab. ensure that the 'Sheet tabs' option is selected. click OK. Thats it..

i don't think it should be with every workbook because when we make changes, may be accidentally, the setting stays with the workbook. Anyways try to resolve it from Options, View tab, and check Worksheet tabs. Or Go to Tools / Options / View. Under "Windows Options" make sure "Sheet Tabs" is clicked. Click Ok. You will now have sheet tabs at the bottom of your workbook. You can also modify the color palette on the menu Tools->Options->Color tab. The Modify button lets you personalize the selected color, and that color will be available in the workbook, so you can use it on your worksheet tabs.

I was also facing this problem in of my my workbook but i fixed it simply. heres what you can try to fix this: Under options->Advanced->Scroll down to Display options for this workbook.