Thread: Troubleshoot windows error 997

Troubleshoot windows error 997

I am having a lenovo laptop. I am getting an error called " error 997 " whenever I try to run the windows installer service. I want to install some tool in my system. But the error comes out and the setup fails. I tried it in safe mode also but still no results. After a full system scan the antivirus detected some virus which I had deleted already. I believe this can be a virus issue. How can fix. Any one has any different solution for his.

Re: Troubleshoot windows error 997

Windows Installer service is an major part on windows operating system. It is related to installation and un installation of software's and application. You can get a fresh copy of installer from Microsoft website. It is a freeware tool. It is also possible that your installer file which in .msi format can be corrupted or deleted accidentally. So, the simple solution is log on to the Microsoft Website and download it.

I think your installer file is corrupted. The reason can be virus or any malicious software. To restore is back go to start menu and click on run. In the run dialog box type cmd and press enter. In the command prompt window type sfc / scannow. Let windows scan you system completely. If it prompts you for windows cd then provide the disc. Second solution if still problem persist type msiexec / regserver in the command prompt and press enter.

Download the installer from the window website and run the setup. It is sure that you installer system file is gone. Now you cannot install or un-install any tool and application from your windows. It is not a matter of worry. There is also an different solution for this. Use a third party installer software. There are multiple available on the internet. Maximum of them are freeware. Like I use ActualInstaller. It is a freeware and easy to use tool which supports all version of windows.